(Be Money Wise)
According to various studies conducted in the past, only two out of five or 39% of Malaysians have the habit of saving money. As a result, less than one out of three individuals or 28% of Malaysians have a budget for their expenses and stick to it.
These statistics prove that the general awareness levels among Malaysians on the importance of good financial management habits are still lacking. Good financial management habits and smart investing are very important topics for the public.
When armed with the right skills and knowledge to manage finances smartly, individuals will be able to plan their finances better and live a more comfortable and stable lifestyle.
The importance of money management
The right techniques to apply when planning finances
How to lodge a complaint or seek redress
The characteristics of illegal investment schemes/scams
SCHEDULE (TO BE ANNOUNCED)
Speaker (Profile available at the bottom of this page)
|Be Money Wise||SIDC||9am-12pm|
8.30 – 9.00am
9.00 – 10.15am
Be Money Wise (B.M.W.)
· Activity 1: Know your money
· Why do you need to manage your finances?
· Smart financial management techniques
10.15 – 10.45 am
10.45am – 12.30pm
Bijak Melabur Wang (B.M.W.)
· Importance of investing
· Investment products in the Malaysian Capital Market
· Guide to wise investing
· Investors' rights & responsibilities
· Identifying illegal investment schemes
· Seeking assistance and lodging complaints
12.30 – 1.00pm
· Question and answer session
- Seminar and discussions
- Quizzes, games and question and answer sessions
SC B.M.W. Team Speakers (Click name to view profile)
SC B.M.W. Team Facilitator:
- 4 hours
- The Securities Commission Malaysia does not make any warranty, express or implied, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or currency of the seminar content. It is your responsibility to verify any information before using or relying on it.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010, which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to the Securities Commission Malaysia (SC) and its related companies. We also believe it is important to inform you about how we will use your personal data, and to give you choices about how the data will be used. For more information, please visit http://www.sidc.com.my/PDPA-Notice.aspx.